Friday, January 31, 2014

The Tipsy Pig

First of all I would like to thank my best friend Monica who introduced me to this awesome place and took the photos. After going to a bridal fair at MOA, we went to Capital Commons (near Kapitolyo) and had a late lunch at Tipsy Pig.

Address: Capitol Commons, Meralco Avenue corner Shaw Boulevard, Pasig City
Tel. No. 570-4620
Open from 4 p.m. to 3 a.m. (Monday to Friday) and until 4 a.m. (Saturday to Sunday)
My favorite was the Belly Sisig Tacos (P280). It was really unique and surprisingly good. I was expecting to see the usual sisig (swimming in oil) but this one was creamy. I loved that it has some chopped pork belly which added crunch and it had sauce for more flavor. THE BEST!
We also ordered Flaming Wings (295), which was really spicy. I wasn't able to handle the 'hotness' but with the dip, it was a good combo.
My second favorite would be The Dirty Mexicana (360) which is perfect for sharing. I loved the tortilla chips (thin and crispy) and how soft the beef is. The cheese and sour cream on top just made it addicting. 

We also tried the Rigatoni Pasta with Spicy Shrimp (P260) which is a tomato-cream based pasta. If you're the type who likes their pasta plain and simple (like me), then this one is for you. You might like to share it with someone because you might find the sauce too rich in flavor and not be able to finish it.
To cap off our meal (and to tone down the spicyness), we ordered lemonade and red iced tea. (Can I just say I also love their mason jars?) =)
While Tipsy Pig is known for their signature drinks (their salted caramel beer got me curious), I must say they also have good food and nice ambiance. This place is packed 8pm onwards, especially during weekends. Good thing they are still open until wee hours of the morning (habol pa). I'll definitely be back and try their salmon steak and some cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment