Saturday, May 4, 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar

I was asked by my friend/makeup guru JK to join her little experiment on how a certain lip product would last. She introduced me to Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar. It somehow reminded me of Lancome's Juicy Tubes. 

I first tried on Memento which is a pink/plum neutral shade. At first look you would think it's nude but its a light shade of pink. It turned out to be lighter than I expected but I liked it. It made me feel youthful and it's perfect for a barely there makeup. 
The second shade that I tried is Strumpet which is a deep-red burgundy shade. We used it with Art Deco's lip liner. Tip: You need to apply it with a lip brush for good and even coverage. I rarely wear dark shades since I usually don't go out at night but this shade is really pretty. A good sub for your favorite red lipstick that makes you feel sexy =P. I felt a bit shy wearing it at first because people in the office might ask me saan ang gimik ko but later on I had the hang of it.
Verdict:
+ A small bead-size amount goes a long way. 
+ I liked it because it is highly pigmented like I'm wearing lipstick. 
+ There was no oily/wet feeling like in an ordinary lip gloss. 
- It stays on like a normal lipstick, and while its is known to last longer, we were a bit disappointed that after a few meals, the color began to fade. 
+/- It's also good that it wasn't drying because according to OCC, it has Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, but it makes the lines on your lips more noticeable. 
+ You can also mix the colors to create a new shade. 
- Another downside is you can only buy these from online sellers since they don't have an actual store here in the Phil. 
+/- Price is around P800 which is a bit expensive. But again, you only a need a bead-size amount so I think a tube would last a couple of months if you would use it everyday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment