Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Choco-lovin: Ferrero Collection



The Ferrero Collection is a treasure chest of Ferrero's prime flavors: Ferrero Rocher, Ferrero Garden (Coconut) and Ferrero Rondnoir.



I'm sure most of you are familiar with Ferrero Rocher. 
But do you know that there are other flavors besides the common gold-covered chocolate ball?



Let's zoom in on the other 2 flavors:


Ferrero Garden (Coconut) - a half almond, surrounded by coconut cream, encased in wafer coated with coconut flakes, and topped with white chocolate icing cap (Wikipedia)


Ferrero Rondnoir - roasted hazelnut surrounded by a ball of fine dark chocolate, covered with a crisp wafer layer, topped with crunchy dark chocolate morsels. (Just by hearing the name "Rondnoir' it sounds classy and delicate.)


If I would rate the three, I would place Ferrero Rocher at the top, to be followed by Ferrero Garden and third by Ferrero Rondnoir. I'm sure dark chocolate lovers would disagree with this. I just like my chocolate to be creamy and sweet - thus my vote for milk chocolate. =P The combination of Rondnoir's texture and the crispiness of the wafer was quite good but I didn't get the sweet satisfaction, which I get from Rocher. Did I mention, my love for almonds? While Rocher is filled with it, Rondnoir had dark chocolate morsels which I'm not really fond of. On the other hand, Ferrero Garden (coconut) surprised me. At first, I thought the inner part would be made of gooey coconut filling but instead it was filled with white chocolate. I don't like chocolates with fruit flavors. From the ones I've tasted, most of them were sour and they tasted like medicine. The coconut sprinkles made a fine twist. It wasn't too strong to overpower the creaminess but it gave it a unique taste (just like the slight crunch in the end when you eat coconut macaroons).  

It is indeed a fine collection of decadent chocolates for all types of chocolate-lovers. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment