Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kanzhu

After mass, my dad brought us to this new place in San Juan called Kanzhu.

Kanzhu is known for their hand-pulled noodles. You could actually see how the noodles were being made through their kitchen window. We were first offered with free sweet nuts covered in sesame seeds while waiting for orders to arrive. I think I finished the small plate as it was addicting. Then came another freebie which was their hot soup to begin our meal. Then our orders came:


Pork and Chive Dumplings P85 
Vegetable Fried Rice P125 

Wok Fried Fragrant Chicken (P200) 
Mixed Vegetable Fried Noodles ( P 140) 


The pork and chive dumplings tasted like Gyoza but I liked it better since it was full of chives. Dipping it with black vinegar made it even more tasty  and you can sense the sourness of the vinegar intertwining with the chives. The vegetable fried rice tasted like yang chow fried rice but it was still good. I always order yang chow as it completes the oriental taste of the meal. The fragrant chicken was also good. It was very soft and the sauce had the perfect balance of sweetness. I expected a lot from the hand-pulled noodles but it was ok. I think I should have ordered the seafood fried noodles.  Service was quick and they even had wifi. It's nice to know that it's only a jeepney ride away from my house. All in all it was good and the price was reasonable. I would definitely go back to try their special lamb dumplings and their plain dry noodles. =)

Kanzhu is located at Unit 4 Citiplace Building, 8001 Jose Abad Santos street, Little Baguio, San Juan City.
(Beside Ristras) They also have another branch in QC.

No comments:

Post a Comment