Saturday, February 18, 2012

Which Sandwich?

My mom and I got hungry upon arriving at Greenhills and we wanted to have a snack which was not too heavy. We saw Milky Way at V-mall and we discovered that they were also offering a variety of sandwiches and other snacks.

Milky Way became known during the 1950s and is known for their Pinoy delicacies such as Dinuguan, Tokwa't Baboy, Laing etc. They also have bottled and packed items which you can bring home and which you can give as pasalubongs to balikbayans.

I ordered the Shrimp Hawaiian Sandwich (mainly because I love shrimp). It came in 4 slices which made it more convenient to eat. I liked the dressing and the plump shrimps inside. The pineapple chunks gave it a little tangy taste. (sorry for the blurry 2nd pic). My mom ordered Chicken Asparagus (3rd pic) which was really tasty and you can taste the freshness of the ingredients. Both orders were P 99.00 per plastic tray (w/ 4 triple-decker slices) and it was indeed a filling merienda. We each finished three slices and brought our last slices home. It's definitely a perfect snack that everyone should try.

 I'll be back to try their pancit luglog and their halo-halo which I heard are their other bestsellers. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment