Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Keratin Treatment


Keratin is the main component of our hair, skin and nails. As for our hair, due to its exposure to heat and chemicals, our hair becomes brittle and dry. A simple hot oil treatment can give conditioning to the hair and scalp but not really protect it. Also, its effects immediately wear off after a few days. Keratin treatment protects and makes the hair shafts smooth by coating the hair follicle. It helps change the structure of the hair making it stronger.
I purchased a voucher at Metrodeal for P249 instead of P1200 at David’s Salon Wilson Branch for Keratin Treatment. Take note that this is not the Keratin Straightening Treatment nor the Brazilian Keratin Treatment. At David's Salon they did not use heat, and it's not used to straighten hair but its sole purpose is to nourish our hair with its lost properties (in short to make it shiny again). The process was the same with hot oil (shampoo, apply, keep on for 30 minutes then rinse). My hair was lathered with the keratin 'cream' and my hair was covered with cling wrap to hold it in place. 
[Sorry I looked like a freaking alien in this pic =P ]








By the way I loved the shoulder and upper back massage while I waited. It was perfect since I was so tired from my flight back from HK. After about 45 minutes, my hair was rinsed and blow dried. =)


I just loved how my hair felt after:







  • My hair became more manageable and shiny.
  • Smoother hair, less frizzy and easy to comb
  • Shorter time in fixing my hair


 After 2 weeks, I can still feel the effects. However, the one who did the treatment did not inform me that I should not wash it for at least 2 days. I hope washing it after a day is ok. It's my third week now and I can still feel the softness but my hair's texture is slowly going back to its old frizzy state. I think it should be a monthly thing just like with hot oil. Over all, I would repurchase again and I really think it's way better than hot oil =) Check out your favorite coupon sites for promos! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment