Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Unique Fathers Day Celebration


Celebrated Fathers Day by going to Mafbex 2012 at World Trade Center with the whole family. My dad was interested in food equipment while I was there to check out the food. There were lots of booths offering different kinds of goods and services like caterers, furniture, websites and more.



I loved these biscuits from Malaysia. I bought 3 big packs for P200. The cheese flavor was so yummy. I heard that they will now be distributing here in the Philippines. Yey! Note: Julie's (biscuits) is a different brand from Julie's Bakeshop, just in case you're wondering =P




After spending the whole afternoon strolling around World Trade Center and munching on food, it's time to officially celebrate Fathers day at Kamameshi House along Zobel Roxas St. in Makati.


They served hot tea to warm our hungry tummies =P


While waiting for our orders, we were served with beansprouts and sweet dilis which has been a childhood favorite. I remembered asking for refills when they still had a branch at Broadway Centrum which has been closed a looong time ago.


We ordered hot miso soup which was perfect for the rainy evening.


This brought a lot of memories. The authentic style of preparing their own kettle rice - "Gomoku Kamameshi".


The rice was really moist and was filled with veggies. This is definitely the best Jap rice I've ever had (so far).


We didn't miss to order Tempura which is a family favorite.


My dad ordered Yakitori (grilled, skewered chicken meat cut into cubes).


My parents ordered Kakiage (deep-fried mixed vegetables dipped in tempura batter) which I'm not really fond of. 


As a special treat for fathers day, they gave my dad free buko pandan for dessert and a 100-pesos GC haha =)


The place is quite old but it still has the Japanese vibe with their minimalist architecture and original Japanese art pieces. 


I know it was quite weird to attend a food expo on fathers day but the important thing is my dad enjoyed every minute of it. He even brought home a bag full of brochures, catalogs and calling cards from the different booths he visited.

Happy fathers day to my Papa and to all the great fathers out there =)

No comments:

Post a Comment