Saturday, November 10, 2012

Asian Unity in Diversity Exhibit

A photo contest was organized by Asia Society Philippine Foundation Inc. together with Shangri-La Plaza, AirAsia, Inc., Metrobank and Smart Infinity Business group. I dropped by Edsa Shangri-la last November 3 to check it out. There were selected judges who will have the final say but viewers can vote for their favorite entry to win the People's Choice Award. So I grabbed the pen got a ballot and voted. The photos were all beautiful and inspiring but I could only vote for one so I chose the photo entitled "Unity in Anonymity" by Michael Steven Ibarra.



I'm not an artist nor an expert or anything but I liked the against-the-light effect which shadowed the faces of the children. In unity, there's really no selection nor judgment. It happens when the people are all overpowered by the will to be as one. You don't look at one's race, gender, religion or background. In the picture you will just see the silhouette of the children hand-in-hand but not knowing their identity. For me this perfectly matched the theme.

[Note: Dear Mr Ibarra, I hope I'm not violating anything by sharing this.] 

I would also like to congratulate all those who joined as they were all deserving to win. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment