Monday, March 5, 2012

Dessert-ed Island: Baker's Dozen at Rockwell Powerplant

As a sweet treat from Rockwell last Valentines Day, they had the Baker's Dozen for all weekends of February. I'm sure all dessert-lovers know this event. It is a gathering of all bakers and dessert concessionaires. For me, it's a little island of desserts (Heaven!) I first saw Costa Brava, which is my ultimate favorite and decided to give in to my craving.

 
Costa Brava is so far the best caramel cake I've every tried (probably at par with Estrel's). It was created by Judah Liu. I've tried their 7x9 caramel cake for my parents' anniversary for P500. Unfortunately, they don't deliver. You can only pick up your orders at their residence at Bel-Air village Makati and you have to order in advance. The slice I bought was P70 and it was enough to satisfy my craving.
These are the other concessionares:
Kitchen’s Best Home Patisserie by Roselyn M. Tiangco 
I heard their best seller is the Purple Yam Cake which was featured at Inquirer's '20 Desserts of 2011' =)

Baked by Carmen
I was able to try their dark chocolate cookies last Christmas (Yum!)
Iya's Jumbo Pastillas
I wanted to try this one since my friend saw this at Market Market. However, I just had sore throat and pastillas causes my throat to itch. (bummer!)

Casa San Luis

The Sweet Life by Ange

Crukitchen
home made ice cream
Taho

Aside from cakes and pastries, they also have their own taho and home-made ice cream =)
 I wasn't able to take a pic of all the concessionaires but I think I got most of them.  Also, you can check out their Facebook accounts wherein you can view their other products and you also view their contact details in case you would like to order.
Being in the baker’s fair would make you drool over the different flavors of cakes and cookies and you would have a hard time resisting those tempting cupcakes! So for those on a diet, I would suggest not passing through Rockwell’s Concourse level (only if the fair is on-going). I would definitely try more products next time.  For those who love sweets, this event should not be missed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment