Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Toast Box


I thought this resto only offered bread and coffee but apparently they also offer Singaporean dishes as well and I tried their Nasi Goreng (P 170). I’ve always wanted to try it ever since I saw its picture at Hawkers 101. I knew Toast Box was a Singaporean franchise but I believe Nasi Goreng originated from Indonesia (probably it’s also popular in Singapore =P ) Anyway, the plate was so full that I think it’s good for 2 people. It wasn’t oily like other kinds of fried rice and it had the perfect level of spiciness.  I didn’t touch the shrimp paste (aka bagoong) on the side because it might make the rice too salty. It already did have a strong flavor so it was not necessary. The fried egg was perfectly cooked and it went well with the rice. (I felt like I was having breakfast =P) The chicken was tender and the rice was not overcooked. However, I think it would be better if it had prawns.  I took home half of my meal since I was so full. Overall I liked it, the price was reasonable for its serving. I would love to try their toasts with their coffee because I heard it’s good, I’ll definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment