Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lotte Double Bianco (Strawberry)


On a hot summer day, it’s nice to have a cold treat. As I was strolling along the streets of Makati, I dropped by this small Korean store and decided to try their ice cream. I was a bit hesitant to try it since most of them had characters I don’t understand, but upon seeing the different flavors and feeling the scorching heat outside, I decided to give it a shot. I tried the Lotte Double Bianco. The strawberry ice cream was not too sweet and it had enough syrup to give it flavor. Since ‘bianco’ means white in Italian, I thought it meant ‘double stuffed’ as the cup was really full. But upon reaching the bottom part of the cup, I slowly realized what ‘double bianco’ really meant. It’s not just a simple vanilla ice cream topped with strawberry syrup, underneath it is another layer of apple sherbet.  I really didn’t notice it at first since the apple sherbet was also color white, but upon tasting it, it had a strong flavor of apple and the consistency was also different. Thus the name of Double Bianco – it really meant 2 white treats =P I also loved the packaging. The foldable spoon hidden under the cup was very convenient. Also, it had a very reasonable price (P 58) considering it’s imported from Korea. I’ll definitely repurchase and try their other products.


Ingredients:
Corn syrup, sugar, mixed milk pd (imported,milk), strawberry syrup (korea), high fructose syrup, vegetable fat, processed butter, apple concentrated juice, whey pd, citric acid (source: Lottesamkang.co.kr) 

No comments:

Post a Comment