Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bye-Bye Britannica =(

Back in the days when the internet was only limited to MIRC chats and google was not yet existing, I used our encyclopedia to do research. I still remember the old smell of the pages and how heavy it was to carry a 'book' which only covered subjects starting with letter A. I still remember how fragile the pages were and how my mom would always remind me to slowly turn the pages so as not to tear them. I kind of miss the days when I was in our elementary/highschool library to do school work.


I recently saw an article saying that Britannica will no longer print copies after 244 years and they will now solely be digital. I'm quite nostalgic about it since it was a huge part of my student life. Also, it still feels different when you have it on hand than seeing it on your monitor. Everything's being replaced by the internet now but it's also nice to look back on how it was before. I'm thankful that we have our own copy. I will truly treasure it even though a lot of people think it's obsolete. Our encyclopedia will now be antique. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment