Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Magnum Craze














If you can’t beat them, join them =P

Everyone is going crazy about this newly launched ice cream and I got really curious if it was really that good. I had the original one since the one with almonds was out of stock. At first bite, I felt the crispiness of the chocolate cover, and the vanilla was rich and thick but not too sweet which I really liked. Over all it reminded me of Nestle’s old ice cream from the 90s – the Mega Ice Cream Classic (remember this?).
Mega Ice Cream Classic
For me it was just ok (3/5), but I think I expected a lot. I guess I just really wanted the one with almonds. What caused the hype was that the chocolate layer was made of Belgian chocolate and somehow it made it look luxurious. (So as their marketing tag line goes, “for royalty”). For only P50 you can have a good sophisticated dessert. I'm thinking if they were able to create a huge Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream Ball/Bar with all its complex layers. That would definitely be unique and I’m sure a lot of people would love it =)




No comments:

Post a Comment