Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Classic Chick Flick: 16 Candles

Last weekend I watched an old film recommended by my movie buff friend entitled "Sixteen Candles".
It's a film released in 1984 which is about the complexities of being a teenager - love life, fitting in & family.
I think every girl can relate to Sam's character. An ordinary girl who is in love with a senior and who is unfortunately taken.She was celebrating her sixteenth birthday (which was quite a big deal for her) but things were starting to fall apart as her family forgets all about it and more hilarious events happen.



At first I thought it was just an old school chick flick until my heart stopped when I saw the male lead (Jake Ryan). He is the typical varsity player/ popular/hunk who was also a hopeless romantic. He is every girl's ideal guy with his charming features, and his sensitive side.

(Spoiler alert) I just want to share my favorite scenes in the movie:




1.) Sam's attempt to talk to Jake Ryan but choked and walked away 
 

2.) Jake Ryan being so sweet comforting his girlfriend.
 

3.) Jake reveals his soft side.

 
4.) Jake finally saying hi (with his red porsche)


5.) 'Torpe' guy finally makes his move.


6.) Sam's birthday wish comes true.


I wasn't even born when this movie was made, I wonder how Michael S (Jake Ryan)  looks like now.
He looks like a young Matt Dillon and he reminds me of Xian Lim for some reason haha.

An amusing and sweet movie to sweep us (girls) off our feet. =)

Cast: 
Molly Ringwald - Sam
Michael Schoeffling - Jake Ryan
Anthony Michael Hall - The Geek

Tip: You will also see the young John Cusack and her sister Joan in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment